Last week I blogged about the garlic experiment. I found some inspiration on another blog. I put the garlic cloves in a low baking dish with water and toilet paper. After two days I was expecting little roots .... But no, nothing!
I decided to peal two and I put them in the dish again. And YES it went well. I just had to remove the 'coats'of the garlic.verplaatsen.
Today I finally bought some soil and plastic baskets. Daylight had already passed, but the practical side of a kerosene lamp in house is that you can easily move it (outside).
I put the first ones in the soil. Planting in the autumn is the best. They really need 2 months of cold weather to grow really good next year.
You can even see al little bit of green.
Next week I will plant the rest of the garlic. Then we'll wait and see what spring brings us. Next week I will also investigate what else we can plant in the baskets in the autumn.